• Posted by jayceeii on May 5, 2023 at 10:22 am

For the past five years or so I’ve biked over 6000 miles per year, but with weird stuff going on at the end of it. I always hit 6000 miles exactly at some specific and meaningful place. The first time I noticed it I was rounding a corner by a church in a small town which had a significant biblical name. I stopped my bike since I couldn’t believe my eyes, yes, the odometer was just turning to 6000 exactly when I entered the intersection.

This isn’t something you can do if you try, and I wasn’t even trying. That’s a lot of rides, all of them feeling unplanned, since I go where I feel like it that day, typically into the wind to start. In subsequent years I was hitting 6000 exactly when I entered my driveway. I mean exactly. I didn’t have to go around the block or something, it was just right there.

I’ve been riding this year too, and I noticed this morning my odometer read 666. That’s always been an unfavorable number. John of Patmos made it a puzzle no one’s unraveled.

Unknown Member replied 1 year ago 5 Members · 11 Replies
  • 11 Replies
  • Johan

May 5, 2023 at 11:13 am

Is it surprising that you can find something significant when you are expressly looking for it? No, not really. You can literally open any book, flip to a random page and a random sentence, and find meaning in that sentence.

• jayceeii

May 5, 2023 at 12:47 pm

That may be why I related three separate instances of 6000 miles in sequential years, the first at the church crossing, and the next two at my driveway. The one last year wasn’t as spectacular, at an intersection where the street names implied the old changing to the new.

• Lelouch

May 11, 2023 at 5:56 am

“you can find meaning in any random sentence”

This is not accurate. While it is true that people can interpret any sentence in many different ways, the question is whether that interpretation is valid and supported by evidence.

In the case of the Bible, it is a collection of writings that were inspired by God and written by various authors over many centuries. These authors wrote with a specific purpose and message in mind, and their words were intended to convey a particular meaning. Therefore, it is not accurate to suggest that any sentence can be taken out of context and interpreted in any way one wishes.

Moreover, Christians believe in the concept of exegesis, which is the careful study and interpretation of biblical texts. This involves examining the historical, cultural, and linguistic context in which the text was written as well as considering the author’s intended meaning and the message that God is communicating through the text.

Christians also believe in the importance of using logic and reason when interpreting scripture. This means that interpretations should be based on evidence, not mere speculation or personal opinion.

• Johan

May 11, 2023 at 4:31 pm

When it is left up to interpretation, there is no right or wrong in interpretation. I said that you could find meaning in any sentence, not that any sentence has a specific meaning. The same can be said for any story, even biblical ones. You can interpret them as literally true, or allegory, or metaphor, etc.

You say that the Bible stories were inspired by God, but how do you back that up? I don’t think you could possibly support that claim. If you can somehow access the mind of a dead author to find out what their true intentions were behind a written work, then great, I want to know how you are able to do that. If not, then you are left in the same position as the rest of us, trying our best to make interpretations based on the context of the text. However if you’re anything like me, you will know that even when I am speaking directly to a person on here, or via text, sometimes we read the text wrong and vastly misunderstand and misinterpret the intent of the author.

Exegesis is fine, but you will never get to the mind of the author. That door is forever closed to you.

• Unknown Member

May 15, 2023 at 10:55 pm

• Unknown Member

May 15, 2023 at 11:49 pm
    • Johan

May 16, 2023 at 9:59 am

So, if you look at it a specific way, you find a pattern, but why did you not include 0 in your number list? Also, why did you include accented letters as new letters? If we take those changes into account you get

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6
      A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S (B) T U V W X Y Z

3+6+1+0+8+2+7+4+8 + 7+6+1+4+9 = 66
      6+6 = 12
      1+2 = 3

So now 3 is the number of the trinity, and therefore it is Godly, right?

Or is it simply the case that all of this numerology can be twisted to say whatever you want.

Lord Voldemort:
      12 15 18 4 + 22 15 12 4 5 13 15 18 20

1+2+ 1+5+ 1+8+ 4 + 2+2+ 1+5+ 1+2+ 4+ 5+ 1+3+ 1+5+ 1+8+ 2+0 = 65

6+5 = 9

3^2 = 9
      Therefore Lord Voldemort is the trinity squared or even more holy!

We could do this all day and get literally no where.

• Johan

May 16, 2023 at 11:47 am

I just realized that 666 =

6 + 6 + 6 = 18

1+ 8 = 9

9 = 3 + 3 + 3 or 3 groups of 3. This is a trinity of trinities, which is greater than God!

• Unknown Member

May 15, 2023 at 11:25 pm
  • Fred

May 19, 2023 at 5:43 pm

John of Patmos made it a puzzle no one’s unraveled.

It was unraveled in 1835. It’s a reference to Emperor Nero. See this, and this,

• Unknown Member

May 19, 2023 at 9:33 pm

John was exiled to Patmos by Emperor Domitian in 81 AD and would have known that Nero was dead and that Jerusalem had been destroyed in 70 AD, and would not have written about them. Prophecies are about the future, not the past.