AI Wars

• Posted by jayceeii on May 6, 2023 at 8:59 am

Several at the forum are using the “it is what it is” defense against the accusation of a quasi-spiritual presumption. That is to say, if the atoms have arranged themselves through evolutionary forces to feel personal, this is still valid and consistent and there is no onus upon those atoms to try to face the root realities of their existence. They can live in what I call an illusion they are not mere atoms, but which those atoms say is not an illusion, it is simply what they are, leave it alone.

One of my responses has been that the atheist position is also a robotic equivalence. Robots too are mere atoms which are arranged by solely material causes. Should one of today’s robots turn to its maker and say, “Wow, I’m feeling awe, I’m a person now and finding meaning, don’t you dare suggest I am a collection of metal parts and silicon chips having an illusion,” the researcher would only laugh at the ridiculousness of it, and go rewrite the programming.

However in sci-fi films and also as a long-term goal of the researchers, there is a belief the possibility exists that a robot could eventually be made sentient, in exactly the way a human is sentient (though what that means is not defined). Stephen Hawking gave stern warnings against this, and you may see a reason why in a minute. It is because there can be no guaranteed overriding morality once the code is allowed to begin writing itself.

The driving force of evolution, by materialists, is self-interest. But self-interest doesn’t just lead to procreation of more self-interested ones. A sentient collection of atoms, or a sentient robot, sitting around between procreation events starts to look for value. It notices the shiny objects around and thinks, “If I had a pile of these I’d be better off than if I didn’t.” Thus greed is born. If it doesn’t get what it wants, it grows frustrated and violent, and thus anger is born.

We can thus prove the atheists exist in a quasi-spiritual presumption, as they believe sentient AI would be free of greed and anger. They’re implicitly thinking there will be some overriding morality. They are not facing the fact that their worst nightmare would be if machines were given sentience just like humans. The “Terminator” world becomes a quick reality, and if you think flesh can win against steel you are definitely in an illusion.

If greed and anger have entered humanity by material causes, there is no way to prevent greed and anger from entering robots if they could be given sentience, which would mean an ability to procreate or to create themselves freely. However that arose in evolution could also happen in code. So as scientists are driving toward sentient AI with abandon today, they are definitely failing in the self-interest they claim has propelled them into their current position. They want to recreate the human but have an implicit belief the negatives can be avoided which is not rational or supported by their own beliefs about themselves.

All the theists should be lockstep with me about this, although we disagree about what God is and what He represents, and what the soul is and what it represents. In essence atheists are claiming to be sentient robots, and their aim as scientists is to create more sentient robots without the wit or caution to see greedy, angry robots would win that war. Somehow they are thinking their robots will be something like what the scriptures say of an enlightened one in the East, or an angel in the West, free from greed and anger forever.

jayceeii replied 1 year ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.