Devils or Lampreys?

• Devils or Lampreys?

Posted by jayceeii on April 12, 2024 at 1:54 pm

As the notion of devils has come into human minds, it has been in an almost completely blind and self-centered way. Each human props himself or herself up, as it were, as the center of attention, imagining it entirely fitting God’s creation might contain devilish entities whose major function is just watching their minds and lives day and night, and looking for ways to make those who are sinful already, fall into even greater sins. Nobody stops to take the devil’s point of view. I mean, what kind of life would that be? Christianity even says devils were once angels, so how is it that such powerful and sophisticated beings could stay fascinated by what goes on in the human mind, so often sordid, disorganized, negative and even violent? A proposition devils exist is also a proposition human minds are interesting, even captivating, that seems dubious to me.

It took me time to see it this way. I’ve seen Denzel’s movie “Fallen” several times over many years, but I see now the kind of life prescribed to the entity would be a very vicious hell indeed. It is supposed to dwell in one human at a time, bringing evil in them, and it can hop to other humans. Nobody understands this would be a cruel aspect of God’s creation indeed were there any reality to it. I’m not saying be sympathetic to the devil, but that it should be admitted this would be a nightmarish existence for an entity, as if God had made spiritual lamprey eels, their whole life drawn from humans they infect. The mind which can imagine tortured entities circling itself, may also be a tortured mind. Devils came into all religions. None could take just God. Yet no one has examined the consequences; it asks for a new SPCA, Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Angels.

jayceeii replied 1 month, 1 week ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.