Bug Report Thread

• Johan

October 6, 2023 at 9:48 am

One quality of life update that I would find very helpful would be if the email notifications had a link that sent us directly to the reply rather than to the discussion itself.

I’ve noticed the link in the email will be:

https://knowwhyyoubelieve.org/groups/reasonable-faith-forum/forum/topic/evolution-impossible-for-origin-of-species/

But If I use the notification bell, the link will be:

https://knowwhyyoubelieve.org/groups/reasonable-faith-forum/forum/topic/evolution-impossible-for-origin-of-species/#post-48639

Adding the post number jumps me right down in the thread to the active post which makes it much, much easier.

I’ve also noticed that the bell icon is not available on Mobile, which makes it really hard to follow when I get an email on my cell indicating a reply.

• treebeard (atheist)

November 17, 2023 at 7:10 am

Hello,
    <div>

One thing that is confusing is when there is a difference between the first name and the handle/username. If someone replies in a discussion, the post shows the first name, but if I use the at sign to mention him in my reply, it will only show his handle/username.

</div>

It would be clearer if it always displayed the same thing, such as

First name (@handle),

or at least show both in the post header, which should be easier to implement.

• Skeptical_Realist

December 31, 2023 at 5:23 pm

I get email notifications for the following, but cannot find it on the “Discussions” list. It’s being referred to as an “update.”

https://knowwhyyoubelieve.org/members/marcus2008/activity/21898/

Can you please explain? What is it? How to find it? How to create an “update”?

Thanks

• Johan

December 31, 2023 at 5:36 pm

It is very confusing given the new layout here. The op of that thread didn’t make it a new thread (topic?), but instead posted it as an update. To see all the replies you have to click the “show previous replies” link, which sounds counter intuitive when you are looking for recent replies.

Since it wasn’t a topic it was intended to be a quick message with quick replies, not the long thread we’ve turned it into. Replies in general are harder to find now because of the fact that everything is now nested rather than shown chronologically. It is easier to follow the conversation to a reader, but harder to find and respond to replies.

• Skeptical_Realist

December 31, 2023 at 5:53 pm

How do you “post an update”?

Where can I find it on the forum if I don’t depend on the email notifications?

I’m using iPhone/Safari.

Thanks bro!

• Johan

December 31, 2023 at 5:57 pm

If you go to the feed and do a find for the word contradiction you will find the update about 3/4 of the way down. You can post updates by using the prompt at the top of the feed screen.

Imho discussions work better.

• Skeptical_Realist

January 2, 2024 at 10:27 am

I see “Feed” on the “Group” page, but the only link available via the “…” is “Discussions”, otherwise it shows a listing of forum members that is sortable alphabetically, chronologically by date joined, or reverse chronologically by recent activity.

It also seems like private messaging has stopped working for me.

Thank you for your help.

• Algernon

March 2, 2024 at 10:32 pm

Formatting for the “Atheism is full of Hypocrites!” thread is all messed up making it unusable. Spot checked a couple of other threads and they display fine – including this one. I’m using MS Edge.

Page 2 of 2